Discovery Natural Resources LLC is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with over 1,000 wells in operation in Texas.
Oversee delivery of all production engineering responsibilities for the assigned area from conceptualization, through design, execution, and review/optimization. Position responsibilities include supervision of equipment and service procurement, project logistics, cost management, onsite operations, and safety efforts for asset level projects to include water gathering, distribution, and disposal, emissions monitoring and reduction, air compliance, special projects support, facilities integration, measurement and SCADA engineering support, reliability improvement efforts, and other duties as assigned. This role’s primary focus will be the support of the production organization in optimization and maintenance of producing properties across all areas in the Wolfberry asset.
- Work closely with field operations, engineers, geologists, administrative staff, and external organizations to coordinate, execute, and advance all production activities. Serve as a resource to all necessary stakeholders to drive positive asset performance, leveraging a strong technical expertise in a broad range of production, water movement, and facilities activities.
- Monitor daily the status of well production and gathering conditions to maximize production performance across the Wolfberry and Adams Baggett assets. Recommend changes or improvements to operations that service optimization of the asset.
- Provide technical assistance and actively engage in supporting field operations in efforts to drive reduction in LOE spend and greater LOS enhancement on asset-level drivers.
- Provide engineering support to the Water Management Team to facilitate efficient and environmentally responsible transport, reuse, and disposal of water as needed in DNR operations.
- Assess ongoing compliance with environmental and emissions expectations and implement solutions to reduce DNR’s emissions footprint.
- Support special projects field asset team in capturing non-traditional value additions.
- Consult on asset wide compression planning and facilities integration across field production areas.
- Support field wide tools as needed. To include but not limited to GIS, SCADA, measurement integration, flaring and fugitive gas emissions monitoring equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned capital budgets. Implement cost and efficiency studies to track capital expenditures and continually improve program economics.
- Prepare and review procurement documentation, assist in negotiations, and lead ongoing appraisal of all production related equipment and services.
- Review and approve invoices for all services. Maintain consistent, accurate accounting of well costs.
- Assist management with the maintenance of accurate spending accruals on a monthly basis.
- Prepare AFEs, simple pipeline designs, necessary workover proposals, facilities recommendations, water management plans, and any other documents as required.
- Ensure all activities adhere to DNR standards and comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a work environment and culture focused on DNR’s core values and operational excellence.
- Ability to travel to field locations on short notice and/or for extended periods as necessary.
- Operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions to drive to locations in rural/open range country.
- Participate in continuing education related to production and facilities engineering to implement new technologies and innovative concepts to ensure DNR’s position as an industry thought leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years of progressive oil and gas production engineering experience, with a focus on oil related development.
Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to Discovery Natural Resources core values and job expectations.
- Ability to apply a creative approach to problem solving with a broad spectrum of technical issues.
- Thorough understanding of a broad range of engineering concepts. Competency in necessary technical areas such as materials science, fluid dynamics, physics, thermodynamics, etc.
- Self-motivated, ambitious individual with an internal drive to perform at the highest level.
- High-character individual who exhibits servant leadership and personal/professional humility.
- Strong work ethic, an aptitude to learn, and a willingness to take on a variety of tasks/projects to support broad business needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively work with multiple teams/groups within the Denver office and field office organizations.
- Proactive approach to the management of Environmental, Health, and Safety standards.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and resourceful; able to handle multiple projects and achieve necessary results in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
- Experience in facilities design, production engineering, production and midstream operations, workover rig operations, water transfer and disposal is positive.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) to manipulate and interpret data and reports.
- Experience with energy industry software to include PowerBI, Spotfire, ARIES, WellView, SiteView, ProCount Suites, and AFE Navigator. Engineers will be expected to utilize Ignition, Carte, PipeSim, ProMax, Pipeline Studio and other software tools.
Compensation and Benefits
- Estimated pay range: $150,000 – $200,000 (depending upon experience of the successful candidate)
- Eligible for short- and long-term incentives
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Hybrid work from home schedule available
- 9/80 work schedule
Most of the job is done in an office setting. Field travel required 10–15%; adverse weather conditions may exist. Variable work hours including nights and weekends.
NOTE: This job description is NOT intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Company