Discovery Natural Resources LLC is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with over 1,000 wells in operation in Texas.
Under the direction of the Production Foreman, the Lease Operator is responsible for the daily operation of all producing wells on the assigned route. Responsible for maximizing the daily production for all wells and for daily reporting of the production in the eVIN system. Also performs minor maintenance on production equipment. Ensures all work is performed in compliance with Company policies and procedures including environmental, health and safety standards. Works directly with other members of the asset team to insure that Company goals are met. Effectiveness is measured by meeting production goals, reduced operating costs, and/or improved safety for the Company and its employees. May frequently work variable days off schedule.
- Obtain gas charts/meter readings, wellhead pressures and gauge oil and water tanks accurately. Call in oil and water loads needing hauled to Discovery’s Area Office.
- Accurately input production data into the eVIN system daily.
- Diagnosis production problems including, but not limited to, tubing leak, rod part, bad pump, and gas lock.
- Report findings to the Production/Assistant Foreman.
- Perform minor maintenance to production equipment including, but not limited to, heater treaters, separators, engines, pumping units, electric panels and oil and water test meters.
- Recycle oil tanks to maintain saleable oil.
- Monitor chemical/soap pumps for the required amount of chemical/soap injected. Order chemical/soap/soap sticks through the Production/Assistant Foreman or Lead Lease Operator.
- Change gas charts on the assigned route as scheduled. Report all gas meter problems such as pens not marking, pens not zeroing, pens not arcing correctly, necessary plate changes, blank screen, daily production numbers repeating, etc to the Pipeline Tech.
- Read and record data in eVIN for plunger equipped wells including cycles per day, cycle times for on and off time, afterflow time setting, plunger arrivals per day, plunger run time, hours on and hours off.
- Adjust plunger cycles or pumping unit run time to maximize production.
- Inspect plungers monthly for wear and replacement.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company including environmental, health and safety standards.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or a minimum of 4 years industry experience required.
- At least 8 years pumping experience
- Ability to climb stairs, as required on 10, 15, 20 & 25 foot production tanks.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs 3 feet above ground level.
- Possible exposure to numerous oil field chemicals, including but not limited to soap, methanol, paraffin inhibitor and scale inhibitor.
- Ability to work with pumping units which may be 15 to 20 feet above ground.
- Periodic exposure to all types of weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Ability to hear over loud background noises.
- Ability to regularly work in a dangerous and fast-paced environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to Discovery Natural Resources expectations and core values.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions communicated in English; bilingual a plus.
- Self starter, able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recognize changes and possible problems.
- Requires ability to adapt to fluctuating work schedule, i.e. frequent overtime; off duty call outs; varied work schedule.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Valid driver license and good driving record.
Complexity of Duties
- Determine if safety hazard exists and take appropriate action.
- Operate a variety of oilfield production related equipment and makes minor repairs.
- Work with wells to optimize production to meet or exceed engineering expectations.
- Input production data into a computer program.
- Recommend changes to improve production or lower costs.
Majority of work will be outdoors under variable weather conditions. May require occasional lifting of heavy objects. Physical ability to perform routine maintenance on oil and gas wells as required.
NOTE: This job description is NOT intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Company