Water Resource Operator
Discovery Natural Resources LLC is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with over 1,000 wells in operation in Texas.
Involved in all aspects of Water Management that includes operation and maintenance of fresh and recycle water pits, pumps, transfer lines, and wells to provide uninterrupted water supply for drill outs, FRACs, and completions. In addition will be responsible for SWD facility operation, maintenance and repair. Follows regulatory compliance standards, maintains accurate records, and supports all company-related policies.
- Maintains equipment and fluid levels to ensure compliance with regulatory and environmental agencies and reports any issues to management immediately.
- Monitors and controls pit levels to assure drilling, completions, and FRACs have adequate water to optimize their operations.
- Performs maintenance on all water transfer equipment and infrastructure to maximize reliability.
- Manages water haul tickets to and from SWDs for water balancing.
- Cleans out SWD strainer and filter baskets on the pumps.
- Monitors drivers for proper procedures and the use of personal protection equipment.
- Ensures no hazardous materials are put into the disposal well or into fresh or recycle water pits.
- Checks fluid levels of each tank and pit and sets switches for maximum levels.
- Monitors, collects and sells skim oil.
- Troubleshoots SWD injection facilities and water transfer stations and equipment.
- Works with stored energy and pressures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years of experience preferred in managing water systems in the oil field industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to Discovery Natural Resources expectations and core values.
- Need to have a working knowledge of pump curves and motors as well as plumbing and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment as well as independently.
- Basic computer and math skills. eVIN / CARTE applications experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Vacuum truck experience a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain good driving record.
- Must be willing and able to respond to alarms in a reasonable amount of time.
*Majority of work will be outdoors under variable weather conditions. May require occasional lifting of heavy objects (50 lbs). Physical ability to perform routine maintenance on salt water disposal wells and water transfer systems as required.